As your remodeling contractor finishes up your home remodel and you’re looking at options for your decor. Buying tile for your backsplash can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. There are many options for you to use less expensive alternatives for pricey stone tile and save money. Here are a few remodeling ideas.
- Some tile stores will get damaged tiles that you could buy at a discounted price. You can then turn them into a mosaic design to create a focal point.
- Find look alike tiles. If you’ve found a tile you really like, look for a cheaper version of it to use for your backsplash.
- Use the expensive tile pieces as an accent tile among other less expensive tiles.
- Combine a mixture of materials. Instead of using stone or high priced tile all in one brand or color, find complementing colors and materials to add in a border or decorative touch.
- Go green and break up China dishes that you found at a thrift store or antique store and create a colorful mosaic with it.
- Find or make sea glass, using a cement mixer and some sand and water, and create a pattern with it for a portion or the whole backsplash.
- Stop into a granite countertop store and see if they have pieces that can be used as tile, instead of buying the granite tiles.
There are a variety of ways to save on the backsplash in your kitchen or bathroom. At SOD Builders, we offer services for all aspects of a remodel project. This includes not only the remodeling contractors, but interior design help for your San Jose area home remodeling. Our interior design help can give you options that match your budget. This includes items as small as the backsplash for a kitchen or the tile work in the bathroom. We can also use green building techniques.