Planning your kitchen remodel can be overwhelming. Having a crew to help you remember each and every detail is helpful. Here are a few suggestions to help guide you as you and a crew overhaul your kitchen:
- Research the materials and appliances you want to use. Chances are, multiple stores offer what you’re looking for at varying prices.
- Plan out the lighting fixtures of the kitchen remodel. There is such a thing as not enough lighting. Whether you open up the kitchen to the outdoors with a walkout patio with glass doors or add in more windows or a skylight to increase natural light. Also, include lighting that will brighten the space at night. Don’t forget under the cabinet lighting for your workspaces.
- Create a work triangle. See our earlier blogs here about the importance of having good work flow in the kitchen.
- During your research for materials for your kitchen remodel, price compare. Don’t just find something and stick with it. Look around. You may be able to find the same or similar item at a lower price to help maintain your budget.
- Work with your kitchen remodeling interior designer to find a place for everything. Having the right storage is important to keep your kitchen from becoming overly cluttered. You may also want to consider how you will organize your utensils and other odds and ends.
- Will you be adding in any high end extras? Many kitchens add beverage coolers or other non essential appliances for entertaining and personal use.
The devil is in the details. SOD Builders in San Jose can take care of all the details, working with you to make sure you have every aspect of your kitchen remodeling project. Our team is available to give you a free consultation and to help you get started. It doesn’t matter if you would like a full addition to your home for your kitchen or a simple cabinet redo. We have architects, general contractors, interior designers and everyone in between to help bring your dream kitchen to life.