When you start a home remodeling project there are many details to account for. Hiring a remodeling contractor can help because they offer oversight of the entire construction project. They will not just make sure the labor is complete accurately, but also making sure the work is up to code, the permits are filed and that inspections are passed during the process. To find a good remodeling contractor who will get the job done on time, on budget, and with professionalism, it will take interviewing and taking bids before making the decision on one. Here are some questions you can ask during the interview to help you gauge if you should move forward for a bid.
- What size projects do you usually work on? – See that it matches the scope of what you want for your home remodel.
- Do you provide financial references?
- Do you have previous clients who would be willing to give references?
- Do you have before and after photos of projects you’ve completed?
- How many other projects would you be overseeing at this same time?
- Do you have subcontractors to complete the work?
- How much will you be around to oversee my project?
By asking these questions, you can learn from the remodeling contractor if they have the attention they can give to your home remodeling project. Call us at SOD Builders to interview our remodeling contractors and see if we would be a great fit for your upcoming project. In addition to a remodeling contractor, we offer full-service home remodeling, including interior design.